Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Drexel Side Table in Milk Paint

Wow I've been out of sorts lately...I'm not sure if it's the chaos of school starting or the fact that I got a bug and have felt like crap for a week now...maybe it's just the end of summer but I haven't felt like blogging...I go to the computer but only have the energy to scroll threw Pinterest...


I have manged to get a bunch of projects done...I've been making jewelry, bags and painting furniture for the Valley Vintage Market coming up in just 10 days and I'm a bit nervous or maybe it's neurotic but I'm scared to death I wont have enough done...I have this vision of what I want it to look like but I'm running out of time.  :(


Anyway this Lovely will be there....
She's by Drexel and is definitely a quality piece of furniture!!


Here's what she looked like when I found her....Her finish was beat up, but other than that she's a solid piece of furniture!
The first thing I did was sand the top...I've been wanting to do a two tone piece for a long time!
I painted the body with Miss Mustard Seeds Milk Paint (This is the first I've used it) and am very happy with the results!!!


After doing some distressing I applied a coat of wax...I use a blend of two waxes to get the color and the finish I want...



Isn't the detailing fantastic?


I painted the drawer pull in flat black to finish the look.


So what do you think??  I don't want to let it go....but I must!!
See you at the Market.  :)
Denise
I will be linking up to many of parties on my side bar.


12 comments:

  1. I think this will be one of the first to be sold. Love the details you highlighted and the two-toned look. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I don't know how you could sell it! Good luck Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving this side table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love milk paint on this! You did a great job!
    Thank you for linking up to my Furniture & Paint Party! Hope to see you again soon.

    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty piece! You did a wonderful job on this table.

    I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featured at Friday Favorites tomorrow! Great photos! laura@imnotatrophywife.com
    Please link up to new party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic’s Friday’s Five Features and Fun Festivities. Don’t forget to stop back by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super duper - featuring this beauty tonight on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, glad you are feeling better. I really love the way this piece turned out! I painted an old desk that was my fathers two tone and I love it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the two toned look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece! And you did a great job on this side table!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!