Friday, October 25, 2013

Sewing Table


Hello friends...I've got so many projects to share with you, I wasn't sure where to start.  I was a vender at Valley Vintage Market two months in a row ...This kept me working hard to finish things...It also meant I didn't pay much attention to my Blog...So sorry about that!  :)


This was one of my favorite pieces (and my photos turned out good....which doesn't always happen)...
So I thought I'd start with it.


I got this lovely from a friend this summer...stripped and ready to go...How easy is that??
I can't believe it took me so long to get around to painting it...
I guess I wanted it to be perfect and it took a while to figure out what I was going to do.....


I was very happy with my Side Table that was both stained and painted  and wanted to do something similar with this piece....

So I stained the top and the front Walnut..(because that's what I had on hand) and then painted the sides with homemade chalk paint in my usual Martha Stewart white (Glass of Milk).



I think I was influenced with the beautiful autumn colors....because I choose this wonderful yellow for the center...plus it looked great in my living room ...just in case it didn't sell.  :)


I choose a drawer pull from World Market for the center drawer...


and a basic  bronze for the others.


Didn't she turn out lovely?  
And she was a perfect fit in my living room...but she sold on Saturday, so I had to say good-bye.

That's okay...I have a vintage secretary I'm working on that would fit in the same spot...just until it sells of course!  :)
Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for more furniture makeovers!!
I will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar.  :)

Denise

9 comments:

  1. The transformation is lovely. Too bad for your living room, but it is always great to see a piece you created go home with someone who loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, that did turn out fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute piece! You did a great job refinishing it. No wonder it sold so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, this turned out beautiful! I love the DRAWERS!!! Thank you for linking up to my Furniture and Paint Party!
    Brooke
    start at home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the knobs you picked out. Congrats on a successful transformation and sale. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux. Love this!! Sharing at my party, starts at 9:00 PST today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting you from French Country Cottage - I love what you have done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, it is darling! I love the combination of stain, white, and that pop of color mustard! No wonder it sold quickly. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!