Friday, March 8, 2013

A little Bit of Gray Shabbiness


Hi everyone...Sorry about the 2 week break...Did you miss me?  My old I mean vintage computer finally, just gave up and quit on me.  :(  Then my vintage printer and scanner refused to work with the new guy in the office so they too had to be replaced...YIKES!!! 

Anyway it looks like everything is up and running for now...
So let me share a couple of little projects I've done.
This first one is a lovely little message board I picked up at GW. 



It looked old and tired but the needle work was lovely!!!   (Did you know both my brother and sister had Arabs growing up)?...And why do people get rid of  their needle work?  
Here is the before....


I simply painted it with a couple coats of homemade chalk paint in gray.  The shabbied it up with some sand paper and finished it of with a coat of polycrylic for protection...And by the way...Why does paint look better beat up than wood?



For this little spice rack I did the exact same thing...Doesn't it look better?



Here it is down at my shop filled with the lavender hearts I made in February.
Well got to go...off to a Volleyball Tournament in Yakima... Guess what?.... There's a Hobby Lobby there...I can't wait!  :)   Go Storm!!!
Denise
(Will be linking up to many of those groovy parties on my side bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!