Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Altered Cilpboards

I have been having SO MUCH FUN making these "Altered Clipboards"...That I just had to share them with you!  :)



The first thing I do is pick out the paper I want to use...then I paint the clipboard with a complementary color.
I adhere the paper using Mod Podge one layer at a time....
Stamping along the way.


Isn't this the cutest picture?  It's of my Aunt and my Dad...I also use it for my tags down at the shop.  :)




The "Bee Happy" was typed on my old electric typewriter. ...I just LOVE it's font!!



One of my favorite parts is deciding on what to cover the clip part of the board...for this one I made a green flower out of ribbon.

These were the first two I did.


I think this is an old shoe buckle....I ran the ribbon through it... 


and then tied it in a bow. 



For this; I made the flower out of an old t and then glued a vintage button in the middle.


I have a jar of broken old jewelry I purchased at a garage sale, which is where I get most of my "bling" from...This was once a clip on earring.


I have more started that I'll share later...
Have a great day!

Denise

I will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar...
Do check them out!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi, This is just about the sweetest thing I have seen lately. Love the idea, love the colors...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making altered bottles and books. It's so much fun. Now I have to try the clip boards!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! I've received a couple of these as gifts and they are so nice to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous altered art. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!