Friday, May 24, 2013

French Bench

Here's a little cutie that I just finished and droped off at my space tonight...Isn't she darling?  I don't usually brag about my things but I just love this piece!  :)


Here's her before pic...not bad but she didn't sell and I had originally planed on painting her anyway....I just put her in the shop until I had the time.


 I painted her with several coats of homemade chalk paint and then added these wonderful images from; The Graphic Fairy.  You can find an easy tutorial on how to do this here.


The fabric is burlap from Jo-Ann's...That I purchased with a 40% off coupon...Of course!
(I also plan on using the fabric, to make a matching bulletin board, out of a vintage frame)


I know that you will probably never see the back but doesn't the vintage postage stamp look great?


And I must say it is so nice to be able to take pictures in my garden again...Yea Spring!!
XXXOOO
Denise

The Graphics Fairy

I will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar...Do check them out!

16 comments:

  1. Hi, I love how the bench turned out and I love the postage stamp on the back...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful transformation and that fabric is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little vanity stool...
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this it really came out just beautiful! Would love it if you came by One More Time and share it http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/05/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_26.html
    Hope you can make it... if not this week I host every Sunday...Hope you can make it some time.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a precious vanity stool. My mom use to have one almost identical. Looks fabulous with your makeover. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the stamp on the back! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS! THANKS FOR LINKING UP TO MY FAVORITE FRIDAY! HOW DI YOU ENLARGE THE POSTAL STAMP ON THE BACK?? LOVE IT!
    LAURA@IMNOTATROPHYWIFE.COM HTTP://IMNOTATROPHYWIFE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saved it to my photos and then printed it out as a 5X7...easy peasy. :)

      Delete
  8. Love what you did with the chair! I would buy it now, not before! Because of you it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece is adorable. What a lovely transformation. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping back to let you know I'm featuring this at today's Shabbilicious Friday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to pin this. I love love love it!!!

    XOXO
    Denyse

    glitterglueandpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing! I love before and afters to see what an incredible job you've done!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!