Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sea Shell Table

Here's another little table that I just finished.  I really am having far to much fun...These little tables make quick projects, that I can try different paint techniques, colors and images on.  :)



My daughter thought I should do a Sea Shell on this one ...So after painting it Sea Foam Pearl by BEHR


Before

I was  off to Graphics Fairy where I found this wonderful image of a large shell.  I printed it up and used the same Mod Podge technic that I did on my Yellow Bee Hive Table... You can find the tutorial Here


This time the paper seemed harder to get off but I'm not sure why.  Anyway after a little elbow grease I got it to where I wanted it...But something was missing...


COLOR...I just wasn't lovin the black shell against the blue green table...So I got out my acrylic paints watered them down and added color....Not a whole bunch mind you...Just a little blue green to the outer shell and a very light pink to the inner shell....better but now it felt to strong...


So I got out my sandpaper...Again...and lightly sanded it...Much better!!  :)
I then added a very watered down brown for the shell to "sit" on...Scattered some brown speckles around and distressed the whole table by, yet again, sanding.  :)

  I finished it with a several coats of Krylon's Crystal Clear Acrylic Finish in Satin...Then trotted down to my cousin's cabin, on Liberty Bay to take the pictures.  :)
Thanks Ellen!

Yet again...I will be linking up to many of the party's on my side bar...so please check them out!!
And - Yup...
As Usual...
Thanks for visiting and leave a comment I would love to hear from you!!
Denise

7 comments:

  1. You're right. It did need something, and you did it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Denise. The colour finiishes the shell off perfectly. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table and distressing it a little really added to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the technique you used- it looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Looks amazing! I'd love for you to share this at my party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. It's every Tuesday through Sunday. Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am featuring you tomorrow during the Best DIY Projects Link Party. Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your project over at The 36th AVENUE. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!