Friday, January 25, 2013

Lavender Heart Sachets for Valentines

Here is a quick and easy project to spiff your space up for Valentines Day plus give it a bit of a springy feel (and smell too).


First I made a pattern out of card stock....you remember...just like we did in grade school ...fold the paper in half and cut and then open it up.  :)
I then folded my fabric right sides together and then traced around the heart with a pencil.


Not wanting to sew and then have to turn the fabric inside out I choose to use my pinking sheers to cut out the hearts.I pinned them and added a ribbon on the inside for the ones I wanted to hang....on my cool white tree that I got for a dollar last summer....just had to brag a bit.  :)
Anyhow..


I sewed around the edges leaving a space open to add the stuffing...
Stuffed them with lavender seed and poly-fill...then sewed up the hole.

They seemed a little plain so I hand sewed a button on each side....Done!  :)


For the banner I simply cut slits to thread the ribbon through.


Here they are down in my space at Viking Village....


Just what it needed!


Told ya they were easy to make! 

(Will be linking up to many of those AWESOME link parties on my side bar)!

Denise

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun! thanks for linking up to Favorite Friday at I'm Not a Trophy Wife! laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I have a lavender plant that's really exploding and should dry some this summer to make these!!! New follower. Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/his-and-her-pillows.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right after I put my lavender filled heart banner on Saturday Nite Special I saw yours! What are the odds of us both having this great idea at the same time? lol Love your's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sachets! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!